Is NCGS (Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity) Making You Ill?
Food allergy testing came up 100% clean. I was constantly tired and depressed, with awful bloating and constant indigestion. Yet medics told me there was nothing wrong with me. Finally, when I cut out all grains with gluten from my diet, I couldn’t believe it. After a few weeks, I felt amazing. With great nutritional supplements, I’m now the happiest and most energetic person I know. I also love the added bonus of a flat stomach, clear skin and great digestion! My message? Do NOT feel that you have to live with NCGS or any gluten-sensitive issues. Speak to a medical practice that gets it. You won’t believe how incredible you can feel. – Anonymous Doctors Studio member
Is NCGS (Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity) Stealing Your Joy?
Do you feel tired, bloated, sluggish or depressed after eating gluten or wheat, yet food allergy tests come back clear? Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) might lie at the root of your issues.
Thought to affect up to 13% of the population, NCGS is generally diagnosed when celiac and wheat allergy testing shows negative results, yet the patient suffers notable side -effects after the ingestion of grains like wheat. It is thought to be caused by the over-activation of our immune system to gluten. The major culprits in this process are gliadin (a protein found in gluten), and ATI’s (amylase-trypsin inhibitors). ATI’s are also found in grains like rye and barley. Both are thought to be cytotoxic (toxic to living cells) to NCGS sufferers.
Do I Have NCGS?
While you can only be diagnosed by a reputable medical center, here are a few indicators that might motivate you to seek help for NCGS:
- The inflammation caused by gliadin and ATI’s is usually rapid in terms of the side-effects. However, celiac disease often manifests much more slowly. So if your bloating, gas, and other problems occur very quickly after eating, NCGS might be a cause.
- Experiencing embarrassing short-term symptoms like gas, bloating, diarrhea, anxiety, constipation and lethargy are well-known side-effects.
- In the long-term, you may experience a whole additional catalog of health conditions, including fibromyalgia.
- Up to 35% of NCGS sufferers also experience another food allergy, notably lactose intolerance. So if other intolerances and allergies are bothering you, it’s another sign that NCGS might also be an issue.
- You’ve already had a negative celiac or wheat allergy test but you still experience debilitating symptoms after eating gluten and other grains.
What Do I Do Now?
Great question! If you are experiencing gastric distress, or if you suspect NCGS might lie at the root of your issues, now is the time to reach out for help.
At Doctors Studio, we can provide customized diagnostics to identify whether NCGS is causing your issues. We can measure your gut microbiota, identify food allergies and intolerances, and pin point nutrient deficiencies. We can help you define a new way of eating that will clear up your bloating, diarrhea, embarrassing gas and lethargy. And we can help you reverse, repair, and then optimize your digestion.
We’re particularly proud of our Studio Detox program that we’ve developed to completely tackle conditions like NCGS head on. Relying on medical approaches and clinical methodology to develop this ground breaking program, we’re confident it can help you, too.
If you’re interested in finding out more about NCGS, our Studio Detox program or our state-of-the-art diagnostics and supplements, reach out today. We can schedule a 100%-free, completely no-obligation consultation at a time that suits you!